Conference Chair /Conference Committee
You are responsible for a a section or sections of a conference. Collaboration with other Conference Chairs and the Directors of the festival are expected. Duties may include but may vary greatly greatly. Duties may include some of the following:
- Defining Conference themes
- Recommending Speakers and Panelists
- General Moderation of the Conference
- Funding Searches
- Peer Review of Submissions
You are responsible for a single project and carry work out only in relation to the project itself. These duties may vary greatly from each other, but may include some of the following:
- Collecting and editing information from participants.
- Correspondence with participating artists and other assistants.
- Collecting and connecting equipment to be used for the project.
- Public relations during exhibition times.
You are responsible for a particular space for a period of time to help set up for an exhibition. These duties may vary greatly from each other, but may include some of the following:
- Printing and hanging information up.
- Connection and positioning audio and video equipment
- Other related work to the exhibition.
- Artist relations before, during and after the exhibition.
- Knock down.
You are responsible for the registration process. This includes:
- Putting the material such as name tags, programs, maps etc. together.
- Registering each participant and collecting the registration fees.
- Other related work.
You are responsible for a variety of task that will vary depending on the event itself. Interaction with
the public is key to this position and may include:
- Putting the information packages, box office material etc. together.
- Greeting attendees, Taking and/or Selling tickets and keeping track of sales.
- Offering Information as well as Selling various related items such as Cds, DVDs, etc.
- Any related works.
Note:All Assistants receive a pass to all festival and conference events.
Interested parties should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org